Sunday, June 1, 2008

June 1, 2008

It's been a very upsetting week.

In April, my next door neighbour's husband passed away, which was very sad, but a blessing in a way, as he had ALS. But Joyce called me Wednesday morning to tell me her son had died on Tuesday night! I was shocked and speechless. I knew he hadn't been feeling too well since January, and after his father died he went to the doctor's to have it investigated. He was diagnosed with cancer of the esophagus two weeks ago and they were just exploring treatment options when he died. I feel so badly for Joyce and feel so helpless. He was her only child. I just wish there was more I could do for her, but she has promised to call if she needs anything. DH will look after cutting the grass for her, but she is such a private person we don't want to force ourselves on her.

On a more positive note, here are a few more photos of the robin's nest. The mommy Robin laid her 3rd egg on May 27th, and there hasn't been any since, so I guess that's it.


You'll have to excuse how dirty the window is, but I can't get up there to clean it while the nest is there.

I'm hoping to get back to some quilting next week, so hopefully I'll have some "quilty" photos to show you. Bye for now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment