Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I had a slight mishap a week ago, and have been a little under the weather since. I was walking Daisy (DD's Chocolate Lab) when something must have spooked her and she took off! I landed flat on the sidewalk and ended up with a fractured sternum, a loose tooth, bruised and cut face and hands. But I didn't lose Daisy! What a mess! lol You can just imagine my husband's and daughter's reaction when they arrived home from Scotland the next day.

Needless to say I haven't been getting too much done of my stitching or quilting.
But I do have some photos to show you. HazelB of http://hazel-sewcrazy.blogspot.com/and Jennifer of http://stitchanything.blogspot.com/ sent me photos of their completed September blocks.



Don't they look great!

There is one day left before the cutoff for the giveaway so if you haven't entered yet just leave a comment on the September 4th post.

Bye for now.


14 comments:

Hazel said...

Oh my ,feel better Dorothy , sounds really painful .Rest up and take time for yourself to relax and heal .

Unknown said...

Oh Dorothy I am so sorry you were injured so badly. I hope you are resting up! Thank you so much for posting my block, I feel so special. Hazel's block looks fabulous!!

Deb said...

dorothy that is not the way to greet your family!! I hope you get better soon.. the blocks that others have done look awesome

Robin said...

Hope your feeling better soon. We love our dogs but they can sure can trip us up now and then. Love the new pictures. This is going to be a wonderful project. Robin

Jocelyn said...

Oh Dorothy, I am so sorry to hear about your fall. I had a fall 6 weeks ago and sprained my foot. I am still hobbling around. It is so discouraging to not be able to do the things you want to do. I hope you will be feeling better very soon!

Pat said...

OMGoodness Dorothy! That sounds like a terrible fall. I hope that you are doing better.

Karen said...

Hope you are soon over your pains!
I enjoyed seeing the completed stitcheries. I am really looking forward to what is coming next.

jan said...

Hope you have a smooth recovery!
Cheers!

Dolores said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear of your mishap. Good thing you didn't lost the dog though. ;-)
Hope you mend soon so you're able to get back to doing the important things in life.

cdknuddel said...

Ohh poor Dorothy,
I hope you will recover soon, and the pain is not too Big.
My best wishes for you
out of Germany
Claudia

Allie said...

OH you poor thing!!!! I hope you heal quickly - take lots of calcium to help heal! I think I'd get Daisy a treadmill.
Those blocks look wonderful, I can't wait to start mine!

dianne said...

ouch! feel better!

Anonymous said...

So pretty - I am really inspired to work on mine now!

Hope you are feeling better!

Myra said...

Oh my Dorothy! Sorry to hear of your fall! Sounds sort of like what happened to me earlier in the summer, but sounds like you did a much better job of injury! I do hope you are mending quickly, and feeling better by now... Kudos to you for not loosing Daisy! 8-)

Post a Comment